Date of Birth 4.12.48
- ECOLE DE MIME ETIENNE DECROUX, PARIS At the end of his study William was working under the master’s personal direction and was invited to become a teaching assistant. He has also trained with Desmond Jones in London, Ladislav Fialka in Prague and has attended numerous other workshops and courses.
Supporting studies include;
- Voice; IVAN MIDDERIGH, ROY HART THEATRE
- Singing: MARK MEYLAN, NICOLINE SNAAS
- Story Telling; MIKE ALFREDS
- Masks; JOHN WRIGHT
- Play; PHILIPPE GAULIER
- Kung Fu; PHOA YAN TIONG
- Tai Chi Chuan; MASTER CHU
- Story Structure; ROBERT McKEE
- Film Production; ROBERT BUCKLER
- Make 'em Laugh; JOS HOUBEN & MICHELINE VANDEPOEL
- Mask of Life; JOS HOUBEN & MICHELINE VANDEPOEL
- Comic Toolbox; JOHN VOORHAUS
- Eye Body; PETER GRUNWALD
- BRITISH COUNCIL : Summer School, Prague with LADISLA V FIALKA
- INSTITUUT VOOR THEATER ONDERZOEK, AMSTERDAM : Research grant to explore the relationship between mime and puppetry based on the same technique of movement (Decroux)
- AMSTERDAM CITY COUNCIL : Project grant to create the performance "PASSAGE"
- ARTS COUNCIL OF GREAT BRITAIN : Grant to complete work with DECROUX "CATCHING DREAMS"
- BRITISH SUMMER SCHOOL OF MIME : Story Telling Course
- GREAT LONDON ARTS : Project grant to create "THE LATE LATE BIRDY BIRDY SHOW" with JOHN WRIGHT
- WESTMINSTER CITY COUNCIL : Supporting workshops and performances of " A MAD DREAM" in the Borough
- ARTS COUNCIL GB: Grant to create "THE AQUAPHOBIC SAILOR"
- AMSTERDAM SUMMER UNIVERSITY : Film producing workshop
- AMSTERDAM SUMMER UNIVERSITY : Make 'em Laugh
- AMSTERDAM SUMMER UNIVERSITY : From the Mask of Life
- AMSTERDAM SUMMER UNIVERSITY : Using Sound Objects on Stage
- AMSTERDAM FOND v.d. KUNST : “TOTTY GALORE AND THE EXPANDING SUITCASE”
- 1981-90 Artistic Director ANIMATE THEATRE
- 1990-93 Artistic Director SMART ARTS PHYSICAL THEATRE CO
- 1990-92 Artistic Director NIGHTSHIFT DANCE THEATRE
- THE WINNER Animate Theatre
- PASSAGE Animate Theatre
- CATCHING DREAMS Animate Theatre
- SPACED OUT Animate Theatre
- THE LEACH Animate Theatre
- THE GAP Animate Theatre
- THE LATE LATE BIRDY BIRDY SHOW Animate Theatre
- BEFORE THE STORM Animate Theatre
- PICNIC Animate Theatre
- A MAD DREAM Smart Arts Tour Taiwan
- THE DATE Smart Arts
- ONE HELL OF A HEAVENLY MARRIAGE Smart Arts
- THE AQUAPHOBIC SAILOR Smart Arts
- FROM HIGH PLACES Nightshift Dance Theatre
- UNTIL WE MEET AGAIN Nightshift Dance Theatre
- PATINE DU TEMPS Grif Theater
- LA DI DA BOOM De Verbeelding
- DELFT FESTIVAL Mark Kingsford & Michael Helmerhorst
- CIRCUS Theater Terra tour USA & Canada
- SPROUTS Theatre Strangelove
- THE OLD MAN AND THE SEA
- MINI MIME THEATRE - THE ALCHEMIST solo project
- OBJECT OF DESIRE solo project
- TOTTY GALORE & the EXPANDING SUITCASE solo project
- LES ENFANTS DU PARADIS Amsterdamse Bos Open Lucht Theatre
- A MATTER OF STYLE Educational video film showing four different styles of playing in theatre.
- DANCING WITH MY SHADOW Documentary about puppeteer Feike Boschma
- SPROOKJESBOOM Assistant director and movement director for childrens series 1 2 & 3
- NOS production "Yes is for a very young man" by Gertrude Stein; directed movement sequences
- ANGLIA TV " Wide Angle/First Night" Directed title sequence. KRO Slapstick training for series "Linda Linda".
- "BODYTALK" BBC
- "BODYSTYLES" CH 4
- "CLUB X" CH 4
- "MOTORMOUTH II" TVS
- Demonstration for VICON MOTION CAPTURE SYSTEMS in RAI Amsterdam
- CAFÉ de WERELD (3 seasons) for MOTEK BV en VARA
- BULMERS Woodpecker Cider MALE WOODPECKER
- COLGATE Toothpaste BACTERIA
- COI Employment Training GRANITE MAN
- TESCO Cornish Pasties SCARECROW
- KPN Het Net Mirror Image
- KPN Het Net Stunt Double
- CORPORATE TRAINING VIDEO
- LADBROKE HOTELS
- SUN ALLIANCE INSURANCE
- In 1982, whilst living in Holland, William completed a documentation of corporal mime technique for the MIME CENTRUM, AMSTERDAM on VIDEO, SLIDES, PHOTOS and ESSAYS.
- He was appointed teacher of Corporal Mime to the NEDERLANDS MIME SCHOOL where he taught between 1982-84. He returned to the Netherlands in 1990 and continued teaching at The Mime School until 2014
- In 1984 he returned to London to found ANIMATE SCHOOL OF CORPORAL MIME where he was ARTISTIC DIRECTOR until 1990.
Teaching at leading drama schools includes.
- THE ACADEMY OF LIVE AND RECORDED ARTS
- ITALIA CONTI SCHOOL
- MOUNTVIEW THEATRE SCHOOL
- GUILDFORD THEATRE SCHOOL
- THE LONDON STUDIO CENTRE
- In 1990 he performed and taught at the NATIONAL THEATRE OF TAIWAN.
- In 1994 he has taught Storytelling and Structure workshops for The NEDERLANDS THEATRE INSTITUTE.
- MULHOLLAND FILM ACADEMY
- He currently teaches at the THEATER SCHOOL, AMSTERDAM, NEDERLANDS INSTITUTE VOOR ANIMATIE FILM, TILBURG
- H.K.U. UTRECHT